Cautions When Storing
Do not leave the DVD video camera/recorder in a place where the temperature is
very high for a long period of time:
• The temperature inside a closed vehicle or trunk can become very high in a hot season. If you leave
the DVD video camera/recorder in such a place, it could malfunction or the case could be
damaged. Also, do not expose the DVD video camera/recorder to direct sunlight or place it near a
Do not store the DVD video camera/recorder in a place where the humidity is high
or in a dusty place:
• Dust entering the DVD video camera/recorder could cause malfunctions. If the humidity is high,
the lens could be moldy, and the DVD video camera/recorder could become inoperable. It is
recommended that you put the DVD video camera/recorder with desiccant in a box when storing
it in a closet, etc.
Do not store the DVD video camera/recorder in a place subject to strong
magnetism or intense vibrations:
• This could cause malfunctions.
Detach the battery from the DVD video camera/recorder and store it in a cool place:
• Leaving the battery attached or storing it at high temperature could shorten its life.
Suggestions and Restrictions
Make a trial recording:
• Always make a trial recording before doing actual recording to make sure that recording is normal.
The data that have not been stored normally because of a defect in the DVD video camera/
recorder cannot be restored.
It is recommended that you use DVD-RAM disc from which recorded contents can be deleted for
Do not use the DVD video camera/recorder for professional applications:
• This DVD video camera/recorder is designed and produced for home-use recording and playback.
The recorded contents cannot be compensated for:
• Hitachi cannot compensate for any damages caused when recording is not made normally or
recorded contents cannot be played back because of a defect in the DVD video camera/recorder,
disc or card. Also, Hitachi cannot be responsible for your recorded video and audio.
• If you or a third party make a mistake when handling this DVD video camera/recorder, disc, card,
etc., the recorded contents may be lost. We cannot be responsible for compensation for damage due
to loss of recorded contents.
• Data recorded on the disc or card in this DVD video camera/recorder using other digital/analog
media or devices are protected by the copyright act and cannot be used without permission of the
owner of copyright, except for personal enjoyment. Be aware that recording is restricted for some
demonstrations, performances and exhibitions, even for personal enjoyment.