• If the repair message appears when you turn the DVD video camera/recorder on from off with a
disc loaded after recording on it, choose repair.
• If the repair message appears when recording and playback are normally possible with another
disc – and no condensation occurs and the disc is not dirty – choose repair.
• This message may also appear when dirt adheres to disc. In this case, do not initialize the disc:
Remove it and then use the provided disc cleaning cloth to clean off the dirt before using it.
• This message may also appear when condensation occurs. In this case, do not initialize the disc;
turn the DVD video camera/recorder off, wait until it dries out, and then turn it on again.
• Initialization will delete all data on disc.
• This message may also appear when dirt adheres to disc. Remove the disc and then use the
provided disc cleaning cloth to clean off the dirt before using it.
• This message may also appear when condensation occurs. Wait until the DVD video camera/
recorder dries out, and then turn it on again.
• This message will appear when a single-sided disc is inserted in reverse. Reinsert the disc correctly.
(Insert the disc with the label printed surface facing the outside.)
• Do not insert a DVD-RW (VF-mode)/DVD-R disc that has not been finalized into any DVD
recorder: The disc may be unusable (except for devices that allow playback of a DVD-R disc not
finalized on this DVD video camera/recorder).
Check to see the following before asking for a repair. If the suggested solution still cannot restore the
DVD video camera/recorder to normal, do not attempt to repair it yourself, but consult your dealer.
Symptom Cause and Correction
Battery cannot be
Is the ambient temperature too low or too high?
Charge the battery at 50 – 86ºF (10 – 30ºC).
Is the battery abnormally hot?
Remove the battery, leave it for a while to cool down, then charge
Is the DC power cord connected to AC adapter/charger? Unplug
Has the battery been unused for a long time?
Remove the battery, and then reattach it. If the battery is still not
charged, it may be dead: Purchase a new one.
• If the battery does not charge after you try the above four
procedures, it may be dead: Purchase a new battery.
Battery weakens fast. Are you using the DVD video camera/recorder where the
temperature is low?
A fully charged battery (DZ-BP14S/DZ-BP07PW/DZ-BP14SW/
DZ-BP7SW) may be discharged sooner than usual at low
temperatures. Keep extra batteries on hand.
Battery may be dead.
The performance of battery will deteriorate if it is used for an
extended period of time or frequently: Purchase a new battery.