Built-in Video Flash (for DZ-GX3300A only)
When recording photos in a dark place, or if the subject is lit from rear, the DZ-GX3300A makes use
of the built-in Video Flash for automatic brightening: The Video Flash can also be set to On where
the light is always being emitted, or Off when you wish to record without using the flash even in a
1 Press the MENU button, and choose Flash
from the Camera Functions Setup menu.
2 Choose the option for Flash and decide it.
3 Press the MENU
button to end the
* Displayed when
record photo (not
the optional Video
●Optional Video Flash (for DZ-
See “Introduction to Optional Accessories” on
You can use the optional DZ-FLH3 Video Flash*
(p. 132): Refer to the instruction manual of Video
Flash for use.
* Unavailable for DZ-GX3100A/BX35A.
• The built-in Video Flash setting will not change even
when the DVD video camera/recorder is turned off.
Unless recording is to be made with the fixed Flash
setting, it is recommended to return it to “Auto” after
recording with the “On” or “Off” setting, before turning
the DVD video camera/recorder off.
• When recording dark subjects, the shutter speed will
be slower, so don’t let the camera shake.
• However, dark subjects may not be in clear focus
even if the Video Flash is used. It is recommended
that you light a subject when recording in a dark
• The Video Flash built into DZ-GX3300A cannot be
used when a conversion lens is attached: Specify
• The Video Flash automatically adjusts the amount of
light emitted, but the light amount adjustment may be
insufficient when a subject is too far away or too near.
• If you continuously record using the Flash, the Flash
may not emit light or the amount of light may not be
adjustable. After recording using the Flash, it is
recommended that you wait for a few moments,
before pressing the PHOTO button to record.
• The distance for the built-in Video Flash to adjust the
appropriate amount of light will vary depending on the
subject, but it is approximately 3.2 – 8.2 feet
(1 – 2.5 m).
• When recording a close-up photo, specify Flash: Off.
Using the flash too near subject could cause a whitish
• “ ( ” will blink during charging of the battery for Video
• While “ ( ” is flashing, the video flash will not emit
light, though the DVD camera/recorder is recording.
• Do not use the Video Flash when approaching the
human eye. Emitting light from Video Flash near
human eye could damage the subject’s eyesight.
Especially when recording a baby or small child,
move the DVD video camera/recorder at least 3.2 feet
(1 m) away.
• Do not use the Video Flash while pointing it at a driver
in vehicle: Doing so could dazzle the driver, causing
• Do not use the Video Flash in a place where there is
flammable or explosive gas: Doing so could cause fire
• When the DZ-FLH3 is attached to DZ-GX3300A, the
built-in video flash in DZ-GX3300A will not operate.
Setting On-screen display Manner of emitting light
( when the PHOTO button is
Automatically emits light in dark place or in a spot lit
Always emits light regardless of brightness.
No light emission.
era Functions Setup