EXAMPLES OF DISCS THAT CANNOT BE USED ON THIS DVD VIDEO
• DVD-R (4.7 GB) for Authoring Ver. 2.0
• DVD-R (double-layered)
• Discs other than those with diameter of 8 cm
SD memory card can be used on this DVD video
When using an exclusive adapter, a miniSD
memory card can be used in the same way as an
SD memory card. No multimedia card can be
• Do not use cards other than
the designated ones.
• Be sure to perform trial
recording before recording
• Do not touch the card
terminal or allow it to touch
• Do not paste anything other
than exclusive label on label pasting portion.
• Do not subject card to impact, bend or drop it.
• Do not disassemble card or modify it.
• Do not expose card to water.
• Do not use or store card in the following
− Where the temperature is high, such as in
vehicle at high temperatures, under burning
sun or near a heater
− Where humidity is high, or in dusty place
• When the erasure prevention switch is locked,
no recording, deletion or editing will be
possible on the card: Only playback will be
COMMON CAUTIONS FOR DISC AND
• It is recommended that you create a backup
file for valuable data on hard disk of PC.
• Do not do the following, or the data on disc or
card may be damaged or lost:
− Do not remove the disc or card or turn DVD
video camera/recorder off during reading or
writing of data
− Do not use DVD video camera/recorder in a
place subject to static electricity or electrical
− Do not have printing done at a print lab or
− Do not leave a +RW unused in the DVD
video camera/recorder for a long time
This DVD video camera/recorder can play back image
data recorded on other digital cameras conforming to
the DCF (Design rule for Camera File system) standard.
The range of image data playable on this DVD video
camera/recorder is that with pixels from 80 horizontal ×
60 vertical to 4000 horizontal × 3000 vertical.
• DCF is an integrated image file format of digital
cameras: Image files can be used on all digital
devices conforming to DCF.
• Image data edited on PC and certain types of image
data may not be visible on this DVD video camera/
• The image data recorded on another device may not
be playable on this DVD video camera/recorder.
●Note when transferring or
discarding discs and memory
“Formatting” or “deletion” using the functions
of DVD video camera/recorder or PC will
change only the file control information: It will
not completely delete the data on disc or
When transferring or discarding a disc or
memory card, it is recommended that you
physically destroy it or use deletion exclusive
software (generally available) to completely
delete the data on it. It is user’s responsibility to
control the data on disc and memory card.