and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or
the third prong are provided for your safety. If
the provided plug does not fit into your outlet,
consult an electrician for replacement of the
10) Protect the power cord from being walked
on or pinched particularly at plugs,
convenience receptacles, and the point where
they exit from the apparatus.
11) Only use attachments/accessories specified
by the manufacturer.
12) Use only with the cart, stand, tripod,
bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer,
or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used,
use caution when moving the cart/apparatus
combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13) Unplug this apparatus during lightning
storms or when unused for long periods of
14) Refer all servicing to qualified service
personnel. Servicing is required when the
apparatus has been damaged in any way, such
as power-supply cord or plug is damaged,
liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen
into the apparatus, the apparatus has been
exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate
normally, or has been dropped.
FCC Compliance Statements
This equipment has been tested and found to
comply with the limits for a Class B digital
device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful
interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can
radiate radio frequency energy and, if not
installed and used in accordance with the
instructions, may cause harmful interference to
However, there is no guarantee that
interference will not occur in a particular
If this equipment does cause harmful
interference to radio or television reception,
which can be determined by turning the
equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to
try to correct the interference by one or more of
the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the
equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a
circuit different from that to which the
receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/
TV technician for help.
You are cautioned that any changes or
modifications not expressly approved in this
manual could void your authority to operate
The manufacturer of this product is Sony
Corporation, 1-7-1 Konan Minato-ku Tokyo,
108-0075 Japan. The Authorized
Representative for EMC and product safety is
Sony Deutschland GmbH, Hedelfinger Strasse
61, 70327 Stuttgart, Germany. For any service
or guarantee matters please refer to the
addresses given in separate service or
Notes on AC power adapter
• Please ensure that the socket outlet is
installed near the equipment and shall be
• Be sure to use the supplied AC adapter and
• Do not use any other AC adapter. It may
cause a malfunction.
• Connect the AC adapter to an easily
accessible socket outlet.
• Do not touch the AC adapter with wet hands.
• Should you notice an abnormality in the AC
adapter, disconnect it from the socket outlet
• Use a commercially available AC plug
adapter, if necessary, depending on the
design of the wall outlet.
• The set is not disconnected from the AC
power source (mains) as long as it is
connected to the wall outlet, even if the set
itself has been turned off.
The nameplate is located on the bottom of the