• DONʼT OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• USE SAFETY GLASSES AND OTHER SAFETY EQUIPMENT. Use safety goggles or safety
glasses with side shields, complying with applicable safety standards and, when needed, a
face shield. Also use face or dust mask if operation is dusty. This applies to all persons in the
work area. Also use a hard hat, hearing protection, gloves, safety shoes and dust collection
systems when specified or required. Safety glasses or the like are available at extra cost at
your local dealer or Black & Decker Service Center.
• MAINTAIN APPLIANCE WITH CARE. Keep cutting edges sharp and clean for best
performance and to reduce the risk of injury. Follow instructions for proper maintenance.
Keep handles dry, clean, and free from oil and grease.
• AVOID UNINTENTIONAL STARTING. Donʼt carry appliance with finger on switch.
• DO NOT attempt to remove cut material nor hold material to be cut when blades are moving.
Make sure trimmer switch is off when clearing jammed material from blades.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS. Before further use of the appliance, a guard or other part that is
damaged should be carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and perform
its intended function. Check for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage
of parts, mounting, and any other condition that may affect its operation. A guard or other part
that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced by an Authorized Service Center
unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this manual.
• STAY ALERT. Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate appliance
when you are tired.
• REPAIRS AND SERVICE. Repairs, maintenance and any adjustments not specified in this
manual should be performed by Black & Decker Authorized Service Centers or other
qualified service organizations, always using identical replacement parts.
• USE OF ACCESSORIES AND ATTACHMENTS. The use of any accessory or attachment
not recommended for use with this appliance could be hazardous.
• DONʼT GRASP THE EXPOSED CUTTING BLADES or cutting edges when picking up or
holding the appliance.
• DO NOT OPERATE gardening appliances in gaseous or explosive atmospheres. Motors in
these appliances normally spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
IMPORTANT WARNINGS FOR SHRUBBERS & SHEARS
1. Keep hands away from blades.
2. Do not charge the appliance in rain, or in wet locations.
3. Do not use battery operated appliance in rain.
WHEN USING YOUR CHARGER:
• The appliance and its charger are specifically designed to work together. DO NOT attempt
to charge the appliance with any other type of charger. DO NOT attempt to charge any
other type of cordless tool with the appliance charger.
• DO NOT charge appliance when temperature is below +40°F(4°C) or above +120°F
(49°C). This is very important!
• DO NOT ABUSE THE CORD. Never carry charger or appliance by the cord or yank it to
disconnect the charger from a receptacle. Keep cord away from heat, oil, and sharp edges.
• DO NOT operate a damaged charger. Have damaged cords or plugs replaced immediately.
• Never expose charger to weather; use indoors only.
• The charger is designed to operate on standard household electrical power (120 volts).
Do not attempt to use it on any other voltage!
• Do not operate appliance with charger attached
PREPARING TO OPERATE:
THE BATTERY IN YOUR NEW APPLIANCE IS NOT FULLY CHARGED!
FIRST, READ THE SAFETY RULES. THEN FOLLOW THE “IMPORTANT CHARGING
NOTES” AND “CHARGING THE BATTERY” SECTIONS.
IMPORTANT CHARGING NOTES
1. Longest life and best performance can be obtained if the batteries are charged at normal
2. While charging, the charger will normally become warm to the touch.
3. If the batteries do not charge properly:
a. Check house current at receptacle by plugging in a lamp or other appliance.
b. Check to see if receptacle is connected to a light switch which turns power off when
you turn out the lights.
c. If house current is okay and you do not get proper charging, contact your nearest
Black & Decker Service Center.
4. The appliance should be recharged when it fails to produce sufficient power on jobs which
were done easily previously. Do not continue to use the unit under these
conditions. Repeat the charging procedure.
5. Unplug your appliances charger from the power supply before disconnecting the charger
from the appliance. Unplug charger before attempting to clean.
6. Battery life is dependent on usage, storage temperature and time.
7. This power unit is intended to be correctly orientated in a vertical or floor mount position.
CHARGING THE BATTERY (FIGURE 1)
1. Attach charger cord to the appliance.
2. Plug charger into any 120-volt receptacle. Your appliance is now on charge.
CAUTION: This Charger can be used only with 60 cycle, 115-120 AC voltage.
3. Recharging the appliance will require on the average about 16 hours for it to reach
full capacity. The appliance will not overcharge and can be left on charge
indefinitely throughout the cutting season. One 7-hour charge will restore about 1/2
the battery capacity. A 4-hour charge will give about 8-10 minutes of operation.
Continuous charging may slightly shorten overall battery life, but will not diminish
the running time per charge.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
A SWITCH LOCKING BUTTON is provided on the top of the handle as a safety feature.
Please note the following very carefully.
1. Disconnect charger before attempting to turn switch “ON”.
2. TO TURN TOOL “ON” (FIGURE 2) slide the locking button “A” BACKWARD with your
thumb, and hold it BACKWARD momentarily, while you squeeze the trigger switch “B”.
The trigger has been designed so that it is very easy to hold in the “ON” position.Then
3. TO TURN TOOL “OFF”, merely release the trigger.
“A” will lock back in place when “B” is released.
WARNING: Read and understand all instructions. Failure to follow all instructions
listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
Important Safety Warnings and Instructions
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this garden appliance reads and understands all
safety instructions and other information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
WARNING: When using gardening appliances, basic safety precautions should always
be followed to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the
WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of
California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands
WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State
of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of
these chemicals are:
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as
dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENTING
PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will
result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could
result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially haz ard ous situation which, if not avoided, may
result in minor or mod er ate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates a potentially hazardous
situation which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
General Safety Warnings and Instructions for All Shrubbers & Shears
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENT. Donʼt use appliances in damp or wet locations.
Donʼt use appliances in the rain.
• KEEP CHILDREN AWAY. All visitors should be kept at a distance from work area.
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCE INDOORS. When not in use, shrubber should be stored
indoors in dry, and high or locked-up place – out of reach of children.
• DONʼT FORCE APPLIANCE – It will do the job better and with less likelihood of a risk of
injury at the rate for which it was designed.
• USE APPLIANCE PROPERLY. Use only for trimming the type of shrub, growth, etc.,
described in the operating instructions. Do not abuse appliance.
• USE RIGHT APPLIANCE. Do not use the appliance for any job except that for which it is
• KEEP HANDS AND ALL PARTS OF BODY AWAY from blade, the edges are sharp and
can cause injury even when the appliance is OFF.
• BEFORE TRIMMING, inspect areas for wires, cords, glass or other foreign objects which
could come in contact with the blade.
• DRESS PROPERLY. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught in
moving parts. Gloves and substantial, non-skid footwear are recommended when
working outdoors. Wear protective hair covering to contain long hair.
Cat No. SSC1000,DS700, GS700 Form # 90556152 Rev. 1 Jan. 2010
Copyright © 2010 Black & Decker Printed in China
Juego combinado de